Mattison’s Partners with Local Businesses to Deliver Over 700 Meals to Frontline Heroes
Mattison’s has partnered with local businesses to provide meals for local healthcare workers and first responders who are on the front lines of the COVID-19 pandemic. Since March 30th, Mattison’s has prepared and delivered 700 meals to those helping keep everyone healthy and safe.
Chef Paul Mattison’s states, “This is a very trying time for many businesses but no one has it more difficult than the healthcare workers and first responders who are dealing with this unimaginable situation daily and often in close proximity to those who have the virus or may be contagious. We want to help in any way we can to show them how much we support and appreciate what they are doing. Feeding people is what we know how to do and what we do well so when we asked ourselves, what can we do to help, it was a no-brainer.”
Partnering with local businesses to sponsor the meals seemed like a good way to allow them to be involved, making it as simple as saying yes to be a sponsor. Mattison explains, “We knew there were businesses expressing interest in wanting to help but just didn’t know how. Many businesses are helping in other ways and we applaud everyone’s efforts to help our community deal with this terrible situation.”
Mattison’s will continue providing meals as long as they have the product to share. In addition to providing meals for hospitals, fire stations, police departments and healthcare facilities, Mattison’s is also planning on donating meals to nonprofits that help the underserved in our community. Nonprofits like the homeless community through the City of Sarasota and Mothers Helping Mothers that assists mothers and families with basic life necessities are among those Mattison’s is reaching out to.
Mattison’s is looking for more businesses who would like to partner. If any business would like to partner with Mattison’s to sponsor meals for our healthcare and front line heroes email [email protected] or call 941-713-3105.
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. We look forward to when we can all be together again.
Below is a list of the partnerships and facilities that received the meals:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital – Scene Magazine, 50 meals
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital – All Wire Electric, 50 meals
- Manatee Memorial Hospital – NDC Construction, 50 meals
- Manatee Memorial Hospital – Your CBD Store Manatee, 50 meals
- Blake Medical Center – Remax Alliance, 50 meals
- Blake Hospital – All Wire Electric, 50 meals
- Lakewood Ranch Medical Center – The Hub, 50 meals
- Sarasota Fire Department– Mindful Medicinals Sarasota, 20 meals
- Venice Hospital – All Wire Electric, 50 meals
- Bradenton Police Department – Johnson Printing, 50 meals
- Sarasota Police Department – All Wire Electric, 50 meals
- Doctor’s Hospital of Sarasota – All Wire Electric, 50 meals
- Homeless Community through City of Sarasota – Delicato Family Wines
- Mothers Helping Mothers – Boars Head and Performance Food Group