Chef Paul Mattison, executive chef and proprietor of Mattison’s Restaurants & Catering in Sarasota, Florida, announces a five-course wine-pairing dinner featuring wines from Collier Falls Vineyard on Monday, November 11, 2013 from 6:30pm at Mattison’s Forty-One, 7275 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, Florida 34231. The dinner is $75 plus tax and gratuity. Reservations are required and can be made online at mattisons.com or by calling 941.921.3400. Barry Collier, Founder of Collier Falls, attends the evening to guide guests through the wines served at the wine-pairing dinner. Mr Collier has a strong connection to Sarasota as he has family living in the area.
Five-course wine-pairing dinner menu featuring wines from Collier Falls Vineyard:
• Spiced Squash Velouté vanilla poached lobster, walnuts, pomegranate molasses served with a 2009 Collier Falls Primitivo
• Southern Fried Turkey Galantine popcorn grits, turkey crackling, local greens, strawberry-peppercorn vinaigrette served with a 2010 Collier Falls Zinfandel
• Braised Pork Short Rib black truffle mac & cheese, herb roasted mushrooms, bacon-leek demi served with a 2008 Collier Falls Petite Syrah
• Venison “Benedict” venison château, poached egg, buttermilk biscuit, smoked tomato hollandaise served with a 2006 Collier Falls Cabernet Sauvignon
• House-made dessert served with a 2011 Collier Falls Late Harvest Primitivo
Collier Falls Vineyards is located in Dry Creek Valley in Sonoma County California. Recent accolades include gold medals for Cabernet Sauvignon and Zinfandel. Wine & Spirits publication gave their Primitivo a 90 point rating.