Mattisons City Grille Live Music
Mattison’s City Grille – Live Music Schedule
(music schedule subject to change, call 941.330.0440 to confirm live music schedule)
Sundays 12-3pm – Brian Spainhower and 7-10pm – Debbie Keeton Jazz Band
Mondays 6-10pm – Tropix
first Tuesday of the month – The New Digs
second Tuesday of the month – Brian Spainhower
third Tuesday of the month – Nexx Level
fourth Tuesday of the month Billy Seward and the Memphis Soul
fifth Tuesday of the month Local Band of the Week
first Wednesday of the month – Mark Serio
second Wednesday of the month – Big T and the Tornadoes
third Wednesday of the month – Mark Serio
fourth Wednesday of the month – The Generators
fifth Wednesday of the month – Local Band of the Week
Thursdays 7:30-11pm – The Venturas
Fridays 8pm to Midnight
first Friday of the month – Shift Change
second Friday of the month – BC and the Gang
third Friday of the month – The Glass Onion Band
fourth Friday of the month Doug Deming and the Jewel Tones
fifth Friday of the month Local Band of the Week
Saturdays 12-3pm – Sarah Coombs and 8pm to Midnight – Lisa Ridings Band
Live in the heart of downtown…award-winning blues artist Johnny Rawls Live! Join us for live music, dancing and delicious food!
Johnny Rawls was born in Columbia, Mississippi in 1951 and raised in Purvis and Gulfport, Mississippi.
He acquired an early interest in music when hearing his grandfather play the blues guitar one Christmas morning.
He began playing professionally while still in high school with such stars as ZZ Hill, Little Johnny Taylor, Joe Tex and the Sweet Inspirations. In the mid-70’s, Johnny went to work for OV Wright as Wright’s band director. After Wright’s death in 1980, Johnny led Little Johnny Taylor’s band until 1985, when he began touring as a solo artist and made his first solo recording under the Rainbow label.
Recording under Touch Records, Rooster Blues, Rock House, Reach and JSP Records, Johnny has done it all from producing, songwriting, horn arranging, Rhythm, Lead and Bass guitar, keyboard, vocals and background vocals. Johnny started his own record company, Deep South Soul, in 2002 and has released his CD’s Lucky Man, Live in Montana, and The Best of Johnny Rawls. His newest CD entitled Heart and Soul was released in October 2006 and has been nominated for “Best Soul Blues Album of the Year (2007)” by the Blues Foundation . No Boundaries was released under the TopCat, Catfood and Deep South Soul labels in 2005.
Johnny has appeared on the cover of the April 2002 Living Blues Magazine and has been nominated four times for the W.C. Handy Award. His most recent award came from the West Coast Blues Hall of Fame for RB Male Vocalist of the Year 2006.
Johnny has performed at the Chicago Blues Festival twice, The Russian River Blues Festival, The King Biscuit Blues Festival, The Portland Waterfront Blues Festival, Poconos, as well as festivals in Sweden and Poland. He tours constantly, playing well over 200 dates a year. He can also be heard on XM radio’s Bluesville. Whether he is playing in a small club or a large blues festival, Johnny gives it his all and the crowds love him!
In 2008, Johnny released Red Cadillac which charted at #1 on the Living Blues radio chart. He was nominated for Best Male Soul Blues Artist and Best Soul Blues Album by the Blues Foundation. He won the Critics Award for Best Album of the Year by Living Blues Magazine.
Ace of Spades was released in 2009 and charted at #4 and remained in the top 20 for three months. Johnny won Best Soul Blues Album of the Year and was nominated for Best Male Soul Blues Artist of the Year by the Blues Foundation. In addition, Johnny was honored with a Blues Trail Marker located at the original site of the Hi Hat Club in Hattiesburg, Mississippi. He shares the plaque with soul blues legends Tyrone Davis and Little Milton.
Johnny’s newest CD, Memphis Still Got Soul, was released in April 2011.
• Flautas de Pollo crispy corn tortillas filled with chicken tinga, topped with pasilla pepper sauce, crisp lettuce, queso fresco, and crema ~ $8
• Ceviche de Huachinango red snapper marinated in salsa Mexicana with onions, tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice, avocado, and served with homemade chips ~ $13
• Guacamole and Chips made to order mild or spicy ~ $8
Blackened Grouper Tacos three corn tortillas filled with Gulf grouper, cilantro-lime slaw, pico de gallo,
avocado crema ~ $14
• Chicken Quesadillas smoked chicken, pepper Jack cheese with caramelized onions and peppers served with pico de gallo, guacamole, and sour cream ~ $12
• Huachinango ala Veracruzana red snapper filet sautéed with tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, olives, and capers served with hibiscus jasmine rice with ejotes salteados (green beans, chayote squash, onions, and garlic sautéed with chiles and tomatoes) ~ $23
• Fajitas de Carne y Pollo mesquite marinated steak and grilled chicken breast with onions, peppers, and tomatoes served with rice, beans, guacamole, and warm tortillas ~ $20
• Burrito Grande seared seasoned tenderloin tips with onions, refried beans, and cilantro topped with guajillo sauce, Cheddar cheese, and sour cream ~ $15
• Pollo con Mole boneless spring chicken with cilantro rice, poblano mole sauce with almonds, chiles, and a touch of chocolate served with warm tortillas ~ $21
• Enchiladas Verdes tinga chicken filled corn tortillas topped with green tomatillo sauce, melted Oaxaca cheese, and garnished with lettuce, Cotija cheese, and crema ~ $19
• Cayo de Hacha con Pasilla pan seared sea scallops with crispy pork belly tamalito and pasilla pepper sauce with ejotes salteados (green beans, chayote squash, onions, and garlic sautéed with chiles and tomatoes) ~ $24
• Capirotada warm Mexican bread pudding with dried fruits, almonds, and cheese served with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce ~ $7
• Churros & Ice Cream warm cajeta filled pastry dough dusted with cinnamon sugar served vanilla
ice cream ~ $7
• reservations 941.330.0440